Sunday, November 1, 2009

That's Right, You're Not From Texas

Now, I’m not going to go off on some rant about how the size of the (pickup truck) (cowboy hat) is in inverse proportion to the size of the brain, or that Country is “the Special Olympics of Music”. I would never say that. I’m not trying to climb up on some kind of high-horse here.

And I understand the appeal, I really do. I was once an eleven year old boy myself, after all.

My question is, why only Cowboys? If it's OK for a fully grown adult to walk around dressed in what is essentially a costume, why aren't there more choices? What about Pirates? What about Astronauts?

The hats. Let's talk about hats. In terms of simple, practical funtionality in modern life, how would wearing this hat...
Be any different than wearing this hat?
While we're at it, how about this hat? You could plug your iPhone right into this bad boy...
Roger that, Houston. Here's another run at the same question. Why is it OK to approximate this look... But this look would be going too far?



These are my questions. I'm not really expecting answers.

Ahrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment